- Attend at least one major sporting event: the Super Bowl, the Olympics, the U.S. Open. (Rays in the world series baby!)
- Throw a huge party and invite every one of your friends. (Our Wedding was the biggest party of our lives!)
- Swim with a dolphin. (Biggest Grin on my face ever!)
- Skydive. (Best thrill ever!)
- Bungie Jumping (Wasn't really on the list but I still think it was pretty cool)
- Spend a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty. (Can't lie - that happened a lot in college...and sometimes now)
- Make love on a forest floor. (no comment needed)
- Learn to rollerblade.
- Own a room with a view. (Our condo bedroom views the canal - not shabby!)
- Give your mother a dozen red roses and tell her you love her. (Not roses - but I send her flowers every year on her birthday and mother's day and always tell her I love her!)
- Be a member of the audience in a TV show. (nickelodeon baby!)
- Fall deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally. (Logan is my heart)
- Make a complete and utter fool of yourself. (Can't even count how many times this has happened!)
- Sleep under the stars.
- Spend a whole day reading a great novel.
- Forgive your parents
- Find a job you love. (I literally work in Paradise!) :)
- Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring. (Did this a lot in high school - sorry Cindy. And Logan and I did this driving from San Francisco to Napa. Beautiful!)
- Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public.
- Attend one really huge rock concert. (Many rock concerts! And many more to come...)
- Kiss someone you've just met on a blind date. (Does it count if they kissed me unwilling?)
- Be able to handle: your tax forms, Jehovah's Witnesses, your banker, telephone solicitors.
- Give to a charity -- anonymously.
- Fart in a crowded space. (Embarrassing.)
- Make love on the kitchen floor.
- Go deep sea fishing and eat your catch. (Caught it, fillet, cooked and ate it all in the same day - all by myself!)
- Create your own web site.
- Learn to bartend.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
I've already done so much!
Before I started my list I had a pity party for myself. I was upset at the thought that 30 was happening sooner then I was ready for it and that I hadn't accomplished nearly as much as I hoped by this age. Logan reminded me of how much I already have done. After I was done making my list of things to do - I wanted to write down all that I have already accomplished as a reminder of how far I have come. I visited a site where you can check off how many of the 100 things that you should do before you die that I have done.