Thursday, August 5, 2010

I've already done so much!

Before I started my list I had a pity party for myself.  I was upset at the thought that 30 was happening sooner then I was ready for it and that I hadn't accomplished nearly as much as I hoped by this age.  Logan reminded me of how much I already have done.  After I was done making my list of things to do - I wanted to write down all that I have already accomplished as a reminder of how far I have come.  I visited a site where you can check off how many of the 100 things that you should do before you die that I have done.

http://brass612.tripod.com/cgi-bin/things.html
  1. Attend at least one major sporting event: the Super Bowl, the Olympics, the U.S. Open.  (Rays in the world series baby!)
  2. Throw a huge party and invite every one of your friends.  (Our Wedding was the biggest party of our lives!)
  3. Swim with a dolphin.  (Biggest Grin on my face ever!)
  4. Skydive.  (Best thrill ever!)
  5. Bungie Jumping (Wasn't really on the list but I still think it was pretty cool)
  6. Spend a whole day eating junk food without feeling guilty.  (Can't lie - that happened a lot in college...and sometimes now)
  7. Make love on a forest floor. (no comment needed)
  8. Learn to rollerblade.
  9. Own a room with a view.  (Our condo bedroom views the canal - not shabby!)
  10. Give your mother a dozen red roses and tell her you love her.  (Not roses - but I send her flowers every year on her birthday and mother's day and always tell her I love her!)
  11. Be a member of the audience in a TV show.  (nickelodeon baby!)
  12. Fall deeply in love -- helplessly and unconditionally.  (Logan is my heart)
  13. Make a complete and utter fool of yourself.  (Can't even count how many times this has happened!)
  14. Sleep under the stars.
  15. Spend a whole day reading a great novel.
  16. Forgive your parents
  17. Find a job you love.  (I literally work in Paradise!)  :)
  18. Drive a convertible with the top down and music blaring.  (Did this a lot in high school - sorry Cindy.  And Logan and I did this driving from San Francisco to Napa.  Beautiful!)
  19. Learn to use a microphone and give a speech in public.
  20. Attend one really huge rock concert.  (Many rock concerts!  And many more to come...)
  21. Kiss someone you've just met on a blind date.  (Does it count if they kissed me unwilling?)
  22. Be able to handle: your tax forms, Jehovah's Witnesses, your banker, telephone solicitors.
  23. Give to a charity -- anonymously.
  24. Fart in a crowded space.  (Embarrassing.)
  25. Make love on the kitchen floor.
  26. Go deep sea fishing and eat your catch.  (Caught it, fillet, cooked and ate it all in the same day - all by myself!) 
  27. Create your own web site.
  28. Learn to bartend.

No comments:

Post a Comment